One of the main priorities of the Institute is to strengthen scientific cooperation in the field of biomedical and biotechnical sciences. Cooperation in scientific research activities aims to form joint research teams for the purpose of realizing national and international projects.
The Institute’s researchers have intensive cooperation with prominent scientists and institutions in Serbia and the world. The management of the Institute encourages scientific research activity and the participation of researchers in national and international projects. The international exchange of researchers is one of the priorities of the Institute, and in this sense researchers have full support for training in foreign scientific research centers within the framework of postdoctoral training and other forms of scientific visits.
In the implementation of scientific research tasks within the Agreement on financing the scientific research work of the Institute, which is financed by the Ministry of Science, Technological Development and Innovation, the Institute cooperates with the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine in Belgrade, the Department of Veterinary Medicine of the Faculty of Agriculture in Novi Sad, the Institute of Animal Husbandry Belgrade-Zemun and other scientific research organizations with which the Institute has contractual or informal cooperation.
The Institute cooperates with educational institutions and scientific research organizations in the region and the world, and as a result, numerous publications were created where Institute researchers are authors or co-authors. Of the publications, the works published in international journals, monographs, textbooks, chapters in monographs, etc. stand out.
The scientific research activity of the Institute, consisting of research and experimental development in biotechnical sciences, is registered with the Commercial Court in Belgrade and is accredited by the decision of the Accreditation Board of the Ministry of Science, Technological Development and Innovation.
As part of applied and development research, the Institute carries out:
- study of infectious and parasitic diseases of animals (detection and characterization of disease agents, vectors, epidemiological studies, determination of transmission routes, development of biotechnological procedures for prevention, control and eradication)
- study of zoonotic pathogens, the causative agents of human and animal diseases
- study of reproductive disorders and sterility in domestic animals
- examination of the presence of biological, physical and chemical hazards in food and animal feed (microbiological, chemical and radiation-hygienic research)
- research in the field of animal proteins and alternative sources of protein in animal nutrition
- the application of scientific results and modern technological processes for the purpose of creating innovations, new processes and services or improving existing ones in a certain area, and at the same time the transfer of knowledge and technology to the production and services of economic entities is carried out