Scientific Institute of Veterinary Medicine of Serbia is the oldest veterinary institution in Serbia, founded in 1926 under the name the Central Veterinary Bacteriological Institute.
The Institute is a governmental research institute in the fields of animal health and food safety and acts as a reference laboratory for a number of diseases and disease causing agents, including 14 National Reference Laboratories.
The Institute provides scientific and technical support to the National and Regional governments in animal health, veterinary public health and food safety.
The Institute has been accredited in accordance with the recognized International Standard ISO/IEC 17025:2008 and certified in accordance with the standard ISO 9001.
Head office is located in Belgrade and laboratories are located in Belgrade and New Belgrade area.